VocaRadio

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only those that post their avaliable times on the forum will be DJs

4 posters

Vocaradio main website?

Kimicatdemon
    Kimicatdemon

Vocaradio main website? Empty Vocaradio main website?

Post by Kimicatdemon February 18th 2010, 7:28 am

Last night I went and I started on this:

http://vocaradio.webs.com/

I think a site would be effective for listeners to know WHEN we are online... or supposed to.

Also, the news section there can fill them in on server issues, any special broadcast, etc.

Finally, I also added a contact us page which directs to the e-mail I used to make the site: vocaradio@live.com
    I personally feel that e-mail would be the best way to go request wise, because once the song has been played, it can easily be deleted and we can move on to the next song. Also, MSN messenger is a great way to communicate with people and take more request.

So yay or nay? I'll finish it up later tonight if I can get a chance. ((Apparently my siblings have to stay after school later today, so I get to sit around because my parents wanna save gas.))
    Jeroz
    Jeroz

Vocaradio main website? Empty Re: Vocaradio main website?

Post by Jeroz February 18th 2010, 11:33 am

i'd have to say, it's a great idea

though maybe I am asking too much at this point, but we should first of all (other than getting the server back on track or find a more consistent server) is to gather up more listeners.

I assume that the password for the email address will be given out later.

you should put up a notice in the news section that the server is down at this point, and various other announcements that you deem is news-worthy.

After a few more weeks
    Spoiler:
    , but that's after we got this thing running smoothly for a significant period of time of course.

I'll try to think up of more things later, at the moment I'm totally supporting this proposal.

now it's just waiting for the normal business to get back on track.

still waiting for the day when the peak number of listeners hit 3 digit mark. Smile we should do more advertising on the dA site as well along with other big community places~
    Terra
    Terra
    Admin

Post by Terra February 18th 2010, 7:01 pm

Sounds good! Smile
    Kimicatdemon
    Kimicatdemon

Post by Kimicatdemon February 18th 2010, 7:37 pm

These things are good to start early on actually. If we decide to make one later, then it just becomes a big rush a mess of things and takes forever to do, while if we start on it now, we can simply add things on over time.

Also I was planning on giving out the passwords and allowing personal DJ's pages later on once the site was up and going...

Maybe advertising on other vocaloid clubs on deviantart? Finding other people via watchers would be...difficult? We don't want force it down their throat...
    And that's about as far as advertisement on DA could go. ((And Terra has already announced it to one of the biggest, if not the biggest, vocaloid club on DA.))

I personally think our advertisement target should be more on vocaloid forums such as Vocaloidism and Vocaloid Otaku. ((Although I already got active members on VO talking about it. They like to give me songs to play. |D;; )) Hunting down active ones may be hard, but if we can keep this going up for a bit, I'm sure people in the active ones will spread the word. :B
    zeni
    zeni

Post by zeni February 19th 2010, 9:11 am

sure I tend to start doing that with
    the avatar icons i have been making
    tho I have not posted vocaradio links
    as of yet but I might post link to the forum
    if thats ok
    Jeroz
    Jeroz

Post by Jeroz February 23rd 2010, 5:33 am

I highly recommend you post the new address and the DJ MSN up on the site.

Also I do think we need another round of advertising~
    zeni
    zeni

Post by zeni February 23rd 2010, 7:08 am

sure after i get moved
    I am sure i can work on that
    I have a few ideas

Jeroz wrote:I highly recommend you post the new address and the DJ MSN up on the site.

Also I do think we need another round of advertising~
    Kimicatdemon
    Kimicatdemon

Post by Kimicatdemon February 23rd 2010, 12:06 pm

Cool, I would love some ideas to help get this site looking better than ever. Smile
    Jeroz
    Jeroz

Post by Jeroz February 24th 2010, 7:57 am

well, you didn't do much since it first started. but that's another matter

as a radio website, all we can do is to think up some hourly programs. eg. use the weekly top30 chart as reference for the 2 hour show.
    Put them up there, advertise, some people might not be able to follow, or even know about, the chart weekly. Therefore this radio can give them a source for the "new trend" of the week.

Right now it's just us playing songs we have on our personal playlist, and that's fine at the beginning stage.

My main point is, tell other people (eg. the dA group or on vocaloidotaku) about the existence of the website. Ask them to try out the radio and leave some comments on the guestbook. Give us some requests if they like.

The Vocaloid board in a prominent taiwan message board has a broadcaster that does weekly 3 hour segment, and he always ask for requests at least 10 hours early. We can do similar stuff here, go to those big community sites and advertise that there's a free for requests timeslot.

as to the site itself, get a background, or even a mascot (ask some talented people on the dA group to design for you). Make it more lively. Do constant updates, maybe have a special tag for new pick up of the week where you put the spotlight on a brand new song you though is quite good and post there on the website.

just some little things like that. But remember, the listeners are what's important. The radio and its content is the most important thing. The website is just a supplement to bring appeal to the radio itself.
    zeni
    zeni

Post by zeni February 24th 2010, 8:34 am

well I found alot of vocaloid clubs on DA
    and as well as some MMD clubs

I can spread the word
    I can also make some more avatars
    for the forums I dont know if people
    can come here to post or not

I made a few new base I can see if there
    the right size ^_^
    Jeroz
    Jeroz

Post by Jeroz February 24th 2010, 8:42 am

i would actually prefer to direct the listeners to the webs.com site, and leaving this one for DJs and the "committee staff"

but it's all up to terra
    Terra
    Terra
    Admin

Post by Terra February 24th 2010, 5:56 pm

Yeah, this forum is for DJs only. Smile
    Jeroz
    Jeroz

Post by Jeroz February 26th 2010, 7:15 pm

Just another thing, I think it should be a standard practice for DJs to use the @live account while they are broadcasting so people can contact them directly. If it's your time slot you have the responsibility to be accessible to the listeners~

right now no one logged onto it yet even when it's broadcasting and I have no way to contact the DJ even if i want to, which is a bit annoying.
    Kimicatdemon
    Kimicatdemon

Post by Kimicatdemon February 26th 2010, 9:40 pm

Hmm.. I think we may have to link to an external site, because Freewebs did away with their chat app a long time ago. ono

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 11:55 am